Teeth Grinding Dentist in Havre de Grace, MD
Wake up to a relieved smile!
Sleep tight, grind no more
Do your teeth grind without you knowing? If your jaw hurts when you wake up and you’re not sure why, don’t worry – we’re here to help. Just give us a call at (410) 939-3950 to find out about our solutions for teeth grinding in Havre de Grace. We’ve got you covered!
What is bruxism?
Bruxism is a dental issue in which you regularly clench or grind your teeth. This grinding can happen during waking hours (awake bruxism) or while you’re asleep (sleep bruxism), with nighttime grinding being classified as a sleep disorder. People who grind their teeth at night might not even realize they’re doing it.
No matter if you grind your teeth during the day or at night, the outcome is often similar: jaw discomfort, worn enamel, and various dental concerns.
How teeth grinding affects your health
Occasional clenching isn’t a major worry, but frequently grinding or clenching your teeth could cause problems for your oral health. These issues may include:
- Tooth enamel getting worn down
- Feeling sensitive to hot or cold temperatures
- Teeth getting chipped or cracked
- Higher risk of tooth decay
- Possibility of tooth loss
- Experiencing pain and swelling in the jaw muscles and the temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
Moreover, grinding your teeth during the night could increase your vulnerability to other sleep disorders, such as sleep apnea and snoring.
At Union Dental Center, we’re ready to provide personalized solutions and help you get jaw relief.
What causes teeth grinding?
Teeth grinding, or bruxism, can stem from a variety of factors.
- Stress and Anxiety
- Sleep Disorders
- Lifestyle Habits
- Dental Alignment
Recognizing the underlying cause of your teeth grinding is pivotal for finding effective remedies and achieving relief.
How to treat teeth grinding
- Night Guards: Similar to retainers, these ease jaw muscles and prevent nighttime grinding.
- Botox: Injections can relax jaw muscles, easing pain, headaches, clenching, and grinding.
- Occlusal Equilibration: This method aligns your mouth for proper upper and lower teeth positioning.
- Physical Therapist Referral: Consult specialists like an ENT or physical therapist for added support.
- Home Exercises: We suggest relaxation exercises or lifestyle changes to complement treatment.
- Medications: Medications might be part of a comprehensive treatment for sudden, intense pain.
- Tooth Replacement: When needed, explore options for replacing teeth.
Consult with us to determine the best treatment for your teeth grinding. Request an appointment today to find relief for your jaw!
Why Choose Us
Our team will make you feel at ease, providing exceptional care and ensuring a positive dental experience from start to finish.
Personalized treatment plans successfully address your unique goals and concerns.
We want you to invest in your health without drying up your bank account. We’ll work on a treatment plan that fits your budget.
Prepare to be amazed by our transformative dental treatments. Discover the power of your smile!
“Union Dental has a staff that is extremely friendly! From the front desk to the dental hygienists to the dentists, everyone is helpful and competent! The care is outstanding, and I would recommend them to all my friends and family.“
– Marie B.
Get Started Today.
We’re always welcoming new patients and are here to help. See a dentist in Havre de Grace, MD today.